Rethinking Belgium’s institutions. Mobility and urban development: all powers to the regions? – University Foundation Brussels, 13th December 2018
- “What are and should be the respective roles of the federal state, the regions and the local authorities in mobility policy?
- At what level(s) should investments in transport infrastructure be decided and at what level should they be funded?
- And how should mobility policy be coordinated with urban development policies and its objectives, such as adequate housing and a concern for green spaces and biodiversity?
- Can decisions about the allocation of space stop at the borders of a commune, a region, the federal state?
- What is the best way of allocating and coordinating decision powers between these various levels?”
- Programme of the 17th public event of the Re-Be initiative